Southeastern University Honors Program
The Honors Program at Southeastern University is devoted to cultivating within its scholars a passion for developing their personal faith and higher learning so that they may pursue truth and lead lives full of good work, serving as vibrant leaders in their professions, in Christian communities, and throughout the world in the spirit of Christ.
The Honors Program consists of approximately 24-27 hours of advanced study developed specifically for incoming freshmen who have a demonstrated record of academic success prior to the start of their undergraduate studies. Courses have been developed that either fulfill specific General Education requirements or enhance each student’s declared major area of study.
Starting with an Honors Program version of the freshman course Christ, Culture, and the University, students take two to three special courses each year. Honors study at Southeastern culminates in the design, development, and completion of a major thesis or capstone project during the students’ senior year.
Other Honors Program Benefits
As an Honors Program participant you receive an annual $3,000 scholarship, renewable each year you are in the program.
Beyond the $3,000 scholarship, participation in the Honors Program also will show graduate programs the students’ readiness for graduate-level education.
In the Southeastern Honors Program, students can expect:
- A well-rounded education informed by a Biblical worldview, with attention to spiritual formation and appreciation for God’s revealed truth as reflected in His creation and Word
- Nurturing to become critical thinkers with highly developed problem-solving capacities and written and oral communication skills for the successful exchange of ideas
- A learning environment where they can develop an understanding of how to analyze and synthesize a broad range of material in a scholarly manner
- A learning environment where they can develop appreciation for artistic expressions and the pursuit of knowledge through personal investigation with a focus on understanding God’s design for their life and the lives of others
- Mentorship for the development of effective servant-leadership skills and commitment to service within the campus community as a means to life-long service in the church, society, and to other nations
Applying to the Program
Honors Program participants must be full-time students (taking a minimum of 12 credits per semester) and maintain a GPA of 3.6. If upon acceptance to Southeastern University, students who have a minimum 3.8 high school GPA (on a four-point scale) and have scored either a 1960 on the SAT or 30 on the ACT, will be invited to participate in the Honors Program.
If, upon acceptance to Southeastern University, students have a minimum 3.8 high school GPA (on a four-point scale) and have scored between 1800 and 1959 on the SAT or 27-29 on the ACT, they can apply to participate in the Honors Program. All applications for the Honors Program must be received by February 1. Notification of acceptance into the Honors Program will be sent March 1.
For more information about the Southeastern University Honors Program, please contact the Honors Program at email@example.com.