The Southeastern University Master of Arts in Ministerial Leadership provides foundational biblical, theological, and practical training for those presently involved in or pursuing Christian service in different ministry contexts. The structure and curriculum of this program is designed to lead the student to:
- Integrate the practice of leadership with biblically informed values.
- Demonstrate collaborative and effective problem-solving skills using multidisciplinary approaches.
- Apply acquired multidisciplinary concepts, skills and principles to actual leadership situations.
- Analyze and synthesize knowledge of leadership models, human development, and communication theories into effective systems of praxis.
- Research contemporary issues in leadership to provide practical solutions, and communicate results through clear, concise and appropriate media.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Ministerial Leadership, career opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Parachurch Leader
- Overseas Missionary
- Church Planter
- Campus Pastor
Total Credits - 36 credit hours with two components:
- Graduate Core (18 hours)
- Ministerial Leadership (18 hours)
Program Length: 1-2 years
Full-time students (6 credit hours per term)
Part-time students (3 credit hours per term)
- Fully Online
- Traditional Evening Courses - Courses meet on either Monday or Friday
- Executive Cohort - 16-month hybrid delivery option. Students will participate in two, one-week intensive sessions on Lakeland campus each semester
All of the components listed below are required and will be utilized by the Graduate Program Coordinator and School of Divinity Chair in making an admittance decision. However, failure to meet one of these standards may not immediately disqualify a candidate depending upon the strength of their other components. Applicants are considered on a case-by-case basis, and the decision of the School of Divinity Chair is final.
- Regionally accredited undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 GPA
- One Academic or Professional Reference
- One Christian Character Reference
- Academic writing sample of at least five (5) pages indicative of writing and research ability to interact with scholarly sources in a critical manner.
Graduate level credits may be accepted if they were earned from an accredited university (Regional and/or Association of Theological Schools Accreditation), less than 8 years old, and relevant to coursework at SEU.
The School of Divinity Chair will evaluate and award transfer credit on a case-by-case basis. No transient credit (future courses taken at another university) will be allowed without prior approval.
- Online - No residency requirement
- Evening - Classes meet on Monday and Thursday evenings on Lakeland Campus
- Executive Cohort - Seven 1-week intensive meetings over 4 semesters.
Students enrolled in the MA in Ministerial Leadership must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to successfully complete the program. Earning more than 2 C’s across all required coursework will result in a sub-3.0 GPA.