The online Bachelor of Science in Ministerial Leadership – Christian Ministry track degree program prepares students for ministry leadership—in local churches, faith-based non-profit organizations, and other ministry contexts—through an interdisciplinary curriculum of courses in foundational core (i.e., English, psychology, math, science, etc.), Bible, theology, ministry, and ministry practicum. The final 18 hours of the major core focuses on key pastoral competencies: sharing the Christian faith, preaching, church leadership, spiritual formation, and pastoral care. Students who complete this degree program will be able to:
- Properly use hermeneutical tools to exegete and apply the Bible in ministry contexts
- Analyze and apply basic Christian theology in ministry contexts
- Apply planning, team, financial leadership skills in ministry contexts
- Construct and present expository sermons in ministry contexts
- Integrate their biblical interpretation, theological, leadership, and biblical studies competencies in ministry contexts
Students who complete the degree program satisfy the educational requirements for Assemblies of God ministerial credentials.